Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hermit

Well, I suppose I’d better write something before people start calling Missing Persons…

I don’t really have a good excuse for the long silence, except that I couldn’t bring myself to write. I just didn’t want to do it – and since I really only keep this blog for my own enjoyment and possible future reminiscing, that’s all that really counts.

And I’m not saying I’m full of the joys of blogging right now either, it’s just that the keyboard doesn’t seem to hold quite the revulsion it has recently.

For those of you who’ve known me a long time; I’m going through one of my antisocial phases: Don’t want to know. Can’t be bothered dealing with people on their terms; it’s my way or the highway. Don’t push me or I’ll bite your head off!

Work is crazy-busy. I think I’m in need of a get-away-from-it-all holiday and fortunately there’s one just around the corner. (Things have been busy while I’ve not been talking to you.)

I am doing a lot of travelling with work in the second half of the year and the first foreign trip I managed to wangle so that it falls around the time that Crouch-End Johnny* and Rich C had invited us to join them on holiday in Sitges. I am managing to take what amounts to a four-day holiday without actually using up any of my annual leave. Brett’s coming with me to Madrid for the first half of the week too, although I probably won’t see much of either him or the city. :o(

Oh and in case you were wondering what the link to Starship Intrepid was all about… Nick C, who is one of the cast and one of the producers too if I recall, was at college with me back in Dundee.

* As John W will henceforth be called after I found out that this was his handle on a particular online service!

No comments: