Friday, March 04, 2005

Highland Fling

I don’t think it’s the actual ‘getting up’ in the morning that I have the problem with; I think it is the having to get up that makes me rebel and huddle under the covers until I am late for work. I didn’t have to get up this morning. (We finished all of our labs yesterday, so today was going to be exam preparation – which I can do just as well from home without the cattle-truck nightmare that is the rush-hour tube spoiling my morning.) So, not having to get up, after Brett had kissed me goodbye and headed off for the train, I rolled over and felt good and had my lie-in and yet still was out of bed about an hour later.

So today is being spent doing test MCSE exams and doing all the housework I’ve not had time to do so far this week.

The ballet last night was very enjoyable. I don’t think I’ve been to see a ballet since my junior school took us to see Coppelia when I was about nine and it’s not normally something I would consider for an evening’s entertainment. Nevertheless both Brett and I were rapt as we watched the story unfold. I really wish we’d been able to see Swan Lake now. Unfortunately, according to the website, we need to head to Japan or Korea to catch a show anytime this year. Maybe we'll have to try something non-Matthew Bourne and see if more classical interpretations still hold the attention.

1 comment:

John said...

Hey Liam. Yes, ballet's fab. Perhaps we should organise a Chorus visit. Went to a few Royal Ballet productions when Chris Hird was our choreographer.

Oh yes, and your blog text is bleeding over the right-hand column. Do you get this?