Friday, March 04, 2005

Stockholm, eh?

Brett called from work this afternoon. That’s an unusual occurrence so I was kind of expecting something dramatic to be behind it. Sure enough he got told today he’s leaving on Tuesday to work in Sweden for the next three months. Hmph. It isn’t a total surprise – the possibility had been mentioned a few days ago – but having to leave on Tuesday is a bit sudden.
I know I’ll miss Brett, but what can I say? I can’t begrudge him the trip – I know I would love to get the chance to live and work in a new country for a few months every now and then. And he certainly needs new challenges at work. Stockholm isn’t really that far away anyway, I can spend some weekends out there and enjoy it with him.
It looks like Rosie will be moving back in for a while too. She’s the only one who’s been called back for a second interview with the Mental Health Foundation, so she’s fairly certain she’s got the job unless she makes a serious mistake at the next interview. Bizarrely her office will be within spitting distance of mine, so I imagine that we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other. It will be good to have her down here some more though. I think her life definitely improved when she was down here on her sabbatical, so I’m glad she gets to carry it on.
Thanks to John W for flagging up the problem with the blog layout. It seemed to only affect Internet Explorer and, since I use Firefox, I hadn’t noticed it. Turns out it was the graphic in the list of referrers bolt-on that was too wide for the column. For some reason IE shifted the whole column of text left rather than let the graphic overhand the right border. I’ve removed the bolt-on now as only about five people seem to read my blog and I know who they all are!
While I was fiddling with the template though, I also updated the Blogs I Read section as Dan is no longer in India and I’ve also been reading Jonny B’s Private Secret Diary which is quite amusing. Enjoy.

No comments: