Friday, September 09, 2005

Here, There & Everywhere

A bit of a melange of thoughts tonight:

Today was obviously the day for calling Liam. Rob S called to let me know that today was his last day at his new job with Symantec – the travelling and time away from the family was proving too stressful, so he’s starting a job in Romford in a couple of weeks. We arranged to go drinking in town next week though.

This evening Chris C called to let me know he’s bringing Mrs. C. down to London for their anniversary in November, so we’ll be going out for dinner. It’s a while since I’ve seen Michelle, so it should be a good night.

Brett has finally got his leave from Stockholm. He has another week to do and then that’s it, he’s back in the UK. That also means he’s able to come with us to Sitges, which was in doubt for a while! I am looking forward to the holiday; I could do with a break and John & Rich will be the perfect company I think.

The forecast was for heavy thunderstorms today, but I managed to miss the rain and just got the atmospheric thunder crackling across the sky and some heavy wafts of lavender on the warm, moist air as I walked down to the supermarket to pick up stuff for dinner.

No comments: