Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sitges - More pool & More food

Nothing much happened this afternoon. It was Jeremy’s last day with us as he has to fly back for work tomorrow, so there was a bit of an atmosphere of giving him a good send off. Hence lots of mucking about in the pool. After we had waved him off, I hopped in the hot tub for a while and then braved the chill of the swimming pool. Having watched a very toned and tanned guy easing through his laps in the pool about half an hour previously though, I didn’t want to embarrass myself by demonstrating my version of doggy-paddle so I just lazed for a while, then transferred to one of the odd little loungers in the children’s area of the pool. Not being a sun-worshipper any more than I am a swimmer, I soon got bored with that too and headed back upstairs for a shower.

Brett and I walked into town a little earlier tonight to see if I could find a decent and relatively cheap tripod for my camera, which we did after a short search. After that we were attracted by the sound of drumming coming from the area of the church. It turned out to be children warming up for the opening of a local festival that is taking place tonight, tomorrow afternoon and Friday – although quite what the festival is, we couldn’t quite work out. Possibly related to the Mercé festival about to start in Barcelona?

Anyway, we met up with John & Rich for dinner, which was another success. We ate at the appropriately named Al Fresco, in the old town and were well impressed with the cocktails, food and service. We didn’t go on to any bars afterwards though, as we need to be up relatively early tomorrow to get a good day’s worth of touring the countryside in!

No comments: