Saturday, September 17, 2005

Where ya goin'? Barcelona...

This may be my last upload for a week, as I don’t know what the situation is going to be with Internet access at the hotel. If I can’t post in ‘real time’, I will post retrospectively when I get back.

So anyway, it was a remarkably smooth morning. Neither of us got round to packing yesterday evening. We got an early night and decided to get up early to do all that today. It worked out well; I did more ironing in an hour than I usually do in a month, we both got packed with remarkably little drama (which for me is a BIG result) and left the house on time. Rosie was giving us a lift to the airport but there was a bit of diversion so Brett could collect his latest comics to take along, but despite traffic hold-ups and roadworks we still got to Gatwick at precisely the appointed hour. There were seats on the exit rows available, so I got my legroom and John W got his window seat.

The bag drop queue was about twenty minutes long – which is the longest one I’ve ever seen! That said, the queue for regular check-in had to be over an hour long, so I still think we did okay.

I bumped into Andrew Harwood, Saga Shipping’s accountant in the departure lounge, so we said ‘hi’. He’s off to Paphos with his family for the week. It’s amazing how many times over the years I’ve run into people I know at airports…

So now, Brett & I are having a coffee while the boys are off stocking up on their personal aromas at the Duty Free shops. Another half hour to go before we board.

No comments: