Friday, September 16, 2005

Holiday Tomorrow!

It’s Friday at last! I swear this week has dragged along sooooo slowly. Tonight, though, I can pack my bags and look forward to a week of doing whatever I feel like in the lovely town of Sitges in Spain.

I feel ready for a holiday as it’s been a hectic summer at work. Brett & I haven’t been away since May – and then it was just the Chorus trip to the festival in Paris. I expect we will spend at least a couple of days exploring Barcelona, which I have only visited briefly before. There will also be a fair amount of lazing around and, I suspect, eating and drinking.

It’s doubly good because, when we get back from the trip, Brett won’t be flying off to Stockholm again – he’s based in London again for the foreseeable future.

The week so far hasn’t been especially remarkable. Our main supplier’s account manager was in the office for a meeting on Tuesday. Although we’ve worked together for a couple of years now, we hadn’t actually met in person until now so it was nice to finally shake his hand (Especially nice since he was actually rather hot!) The meeting covered the value-added services the company provide and since then, I’ve been following up on ideas that came out of the meeting.

It also seems to have been the week for debating with Americans; on Wednesday a US court ruled that the national Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional because it includes the words ‘under God.’ I won’t bore you here with the details of the arguments, but if you are interested in my views you can check them out here, here and here.

Right. Into the shower and off to work!

4 comments:

Liam said...

Thanks Mike. Yep, Europe is a great place to be – especially now that we’ve got the low-cost airlines. You can get to most of the major cities for less than it costs to take the train to the other side of England to visit my parents.
Personally I think travel is a fantastic way to expand the mind, otherwise you tend to live thinking that what you know is all there is, which sadly is a stagnant existence. I would love to explore South America; visit the Amazon Forest before it disappears; see the pyramids and cities of the ancient civilisations… That would be something.
So much world – so little time!

Cx3 said...

You are so lucky to be going off to Sitges. We missed out on our Medeterranian holiday this year (first choice Mykonos), but also had to pull out of a friend's birthday trip to Sitges/Barcelona at the last minute due to work commitments.

Hope you have a fantastic time.

Anonymous said...

Its the fireworks competition in Barcelona this week, the finest displays you will see anywhere in the world.
The good Dr Atkins is there and I'm trying to get a day off for a quick trip!

Liam said...

Thanks Mike, that's appreciated. I visited Philadelphia a few years ago while on a road-trip through the States and found it a lovely city. I suppose we only saw the 'Most Historic Square Mile' rather than the modern city but I remember good weather, friendly people and a sense of history. It was a very educational trip and I enjoyed it immensely.