Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Las Horas Largas

This week is just dragging by. I don’t know what it is about it, but I am bored out of my mind; not really motivated and just watching the clock for it to be over. I feel like I need a holiday but I can’t decide whether next week will be more of a holiday or more of a job, as I’m kind of locked-in as the tour guide for Scotland.

I spent some time at the weekend mucking about with MySpace, the social webspace which I’ve been hearing stuff about. In the end it isn’t really that much different from OutEverywhere, which I’ve been using for years. One advantage of it though is that it lets you upload and share video files, so it’s got me thinking about my video projects again; I’ve managed to track down someone with lots of still photographs of the EuroPride parade that I can inter-cut with my footage (to remove all the seasickness-inducing jerky camera motion) so once that’s done I’ll publish a link for you all to see.

While I’ve been at work this week, Jim and Brett haven’t really been doing that much. Brett is now joining his dad for short cycle rides, although they have yet to locate the (now almost mythical!) cycle route to Richmond Park across Wimbledon Common! Jim spends plenty of time reading; currently he’s consuming a book about biblical fundamentalism that I bought from Amazon a while back. I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet though, so discussing it with him is a bit one-sided.

Tomorrow I think they are finally doing the Museum of London before meeting me and Rosie for Coriolanus at The Globe. (Probably not the most entertaining of Shakespeare’s plays, but alas the only one we could get to while Jim was here.) Then on Friday the three of us are off for a long weekend to Cardiff (where we are singing on Saturday) via Stonehenge, Avebury and Bath.

No comments: