Monday, January 24, 2005

Fast Forward

Reasonable day today - got useful stuff done at work, although my printer mapping script didn't work properly for some people because I'd missed off one of the new printers I was supposed to create. I fixed that this morning and this afternoon was spent tinkering with Group Policies to try to fix the wonderful Windows Firewall...

Met up with Owen for a drink before Chorus. He's feeling a bit footloose at the moment. I don't think his job is challenging him enough and he's contemplating alternatives. I was trying to persuade him to try something completely different, like working his way around the world, or signing up to crew a racing yacht for a season - something other than another desk job, doing something similar to what he's doing now (which currently seems to be the favoured option.) Not sure that I made any headway, but maybe I've planted a seed.

When Brett arrived we headed off to Camden to find a place to eat before rehearsal. We ran into Rich and John at the sandwich place where we stopped and did some catching up on the last week's events. There were lots of murmurings about the various auditions that have been taking place and how no-one has heard anything about callbacks.

Rehearsal went fine, although we are still spending way too much time rehearsing Olly's Carol Suite! I love the arrangement of The Rose that we are doing.
And that was today. Off to bed now. The temperature is due to drop below freezing tonight, so going to be pulling the extra duvet up to our ears I think.

No comments: