Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Good days

Another regular day but a good one. I like it when I start late – I get to have a lie-in and still be on time for work. Today I spent most of my time programming, or scripting (which is a degenerate form, I suppose,) which is not usually what I do. Programmers and Support people are different species, but every now and then it’s fun to get some variety. Now that we have the extra guy on the front-line support, I can actually do stuff like this again – project management, really. I enjoy it more than fire-fighting.

Cycled home against a strong wind, but the weather has otherwise been good today. It’s a cold night tonight though. Rosie was here when I arrived – she’s down to have an interview and give a presentation tomorrow. The downside of starting late, of course, is finishing late and I didn’t get in until virtually 8pm. By the time we’d eaten and I’d taken care of various chores, she was off to bed for an early start. We have an early start too, as it’s Philip Dewdney’s funeral tomorrow and we have to be at the church for 9am.

Brett’s been at a Chorus meeting which ran late and then he managed to miss his stop, so he’s only just in. Hyped-up as usual after Chorus politics, so I’d better go and calm him down…

No comments: