Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ballet and buzzing off

I haven’t blogged for the last couple of days as I’ve been busy with Chorus stuff. Monday’s rehearsal was long and dull. We are now preparing the next segment of the Christmas CD recording so we are revisiting jolly Christmas songs, bar by bar, to polish them up.

Yesterday was the Chorus’ Membership Committee which, while it was a long evening, actually felt fairly productive – although I did come away with a lot of action points.

Work is very quiet at the moment and I am quite bored. I think that taking on the new member of staff before Christmas has eased the pressure on me. However I’ve been under that kind of pressure for so long that now it’s gone, I’m completely lost: I’ve no idea what to do next. I guess I should be doing whatever managers do, or planning The Next Big Thing for our network. Hmmm.

Yesterday at work I spent my lunch hour booking stuff for Brett and me to do. I booked our train and accommodation for the Paris trip. I booked us tickets for Matthew Bourne’s Highland Fling at Sadler’s Wells and tickets for Brett, Ping and I to see Life in the Theatre.
I've never been to a ballet before (well except for the school trip to see Coppélia when I was about 9) but we heard great things about Bourne's Swan Lake and then couldn't get tickets, so this is our substitute.

Brett may be getting sent to Sweden for several months with his job. In fact there are a couple of possibilities in the offing with his job, but none of them seem to be any closer to London or any more enjoyable or challenging for him. Sweden probably isn’t the worst of them – and I’ve never been there so it I suppose it would be a good excuse to go visit it lots.

Over lunch with John M today the idea of bumming around the world came up. The way things are going at the moment I could well see us doing that in another year when the lease on the flat is up. Possibly earlier if we really get pissed off. Carpe Diem and all that!

No comments: