Thursday, February 17, 2005

It's Showtime!

Work is picking up again. I’m having lots of fun tuning the Print Accounting software and planning the roll-out. My techno-geek side is in full flow. Actually having real work to do means I’m not spending nearly so much time reading the news wires, so I guess I’m not going to be ranting too much in the near future.

I also spent a fair amount of time helping my boss get to grips with how firewalls work and setting up a little test network for a project we’re going to be starting shortly. Oh yes, geek heaven!

Cycling home from work was a bit miserable. It was somewhere between mist and drizzle in the air. It was condensing on the inside of my visor which reduced visibility. The fact that the batteries in my front light were on their last legs didn’t help matters. I almost ran into a parked car coming into Wimbledon!

I survived the journey though, albeit cold and soaked through. Brett made my day by having dinner ready for me when I got out of a lovely hot shower. So it’s been a night on the sofa since then: First Huff, then The O.C. and lastly Desperate Housewives. Now it’s time for an early night.

Postscript

Hah! Looks like I spoke too soon about stopping ranting. I’ve just googled Huff, looking for a link to include so you can see the official site for the show. When I went to the page, part of Showtime Networks website, I get a message which reads “We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.” In fact I get the same message for the whole site. What the f**k is that all about? Haven’t they heard that it’s called the Worldwide Web? If one of my American readers would be so kind as to go to the site and look up the email address for their Customer Service department, I’d be very grateful if you could forward it to me or post it in a comment to this entry. Cheers, L.

No comments: