Sunday, February 27, 2005

Poker Loser

OK, so I took yesterday off when I maybe could have gone into work - but then I always go into work rather than rest and then end up coming home absolutely feeling dead on my feet and having a terrible weekend. I slept through a lot of Friday and lay in bed or on the sofa most of the rest of the time and by lunchtime today, I was feeling more reasonable. I’m still popping the odd Vitamin C tablet, but I think I’ll be in good shape for next week.

Today we slept late and then had lunch at CafĂ© Rouge. Brett read his comics while I watched the world go by. After lunch I had a pile of Chorus stuff to catch up on that had been put off while I dealt with the trauma of the last few days (which is STILL dragging on, by the way!) Before I knew it, it was 7pm and John and Rich were arriving for a games night. We had a lovely evening, chatting away about life (and the Chorus) before ordering pizza and then settling down to play poker. John eventually won. I think I only won one hand all evening, so I came a clear last and would have been out altogether if Brett hadn’t been paying me to fill his wine glass! We emptied a good few bottles of wine before giving up for the night.

Rosie had arrived around 9ish. She had called me yesterday to say she was coming, but I was asleep when she rang and only remembered the call this morning after we’d offered her bed to John & Rich. Whoops! John and Rich were very decent though, agreeing to sleep on the lounge floor. Rosie was a bit jetlagged still (having flown back from New York earlier in the week, driven cross-country in the snow and then gone straight into her teaching schedule) so she had an early night.

We’re all off for lunch with the Brunch Club tomorrow. Some Chinese place (in honour of the New Year) on Canary Riverside.

No comments: