Monday, February 21, 2005

Winter Wonderland?

Just made a tweak to the blog: I’ve switched the RSS feed down to ‘short’ for egotistical reasons (i.e. I need you aggregators to hit the actual home page of the blog for my site counter to register you. Go on, it’s only one extra click!)

So how was Monday? First day of the week, so naturally it was a major test to get out of bed on time. I failed the test and ended up going to work unshaven and unfed. (What an example I set to my team…)

Mid-morning I got a request to restore some data from one of last week’s backups. The tapes for this job were offsite (for Disaster Recovery purposes, we keep the most recent set of backups away from the office) so I had to go and collect them. Off I headed, collected the tapes and then came back to work… to discover that I’d misread the email and the tapes I needed were actually in the cupboard next to my desk. Doh! Still I got to read my book on the train for 45 minutes.

Chorus rehearsal this evening went well. We were doing the interesting stuff ready for the next recording session because we had about fifteen prospective members attending rehearsal to see what we do.

It was snowing on the way home and Brett was singing ‘Winter Wonderland’ as we trudged through the dirty slush. Far too cheerful for a Londoner when it’s snowing. I’ll have to up his dosage of Scrooge tablets.

No comments: