Friday, February 18, 2005

Bonus Dinner

Only two things remarkable about today: One was hearing that I was getting a special bonus for ‘outstanding’ performance in moving our Leeds Office to their new building. The other was a quite special dinner this evening at a local restaurant.

The bonus was a total surprise, but apparently three or four people in Leeds had nominated me because the move was so flawless. I’m surprised as there wasn’t really anything to it from an IT point of view, although I suppose it’s proof that thorough planning is what makes a successful operation. Thanks should probably go to Saga for teaching me that.

Dinner tonight wasn’t a surprise; I’d kind of got the idea last night watching TV. I suddenly realised that we hadn’t eaten out in a while and I fancied a bit of a nice meal with a good bottle of wine and some good company. I did a bit of hunting online today (since our previous strategy of wandering into any restaurant that looks nice hasn’t really worked well) and managed to get us a table at The Light House in Wimbledon Village.

It was a good choice. Each course was melt-in-the-mouth delicious. The service was attentive, friendly and relaxed. They had an extensive wine list and the Rioja we had was very drinkable. I would heartily recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to dine around the Village.

No comments: