Monday, July 25, 2005

After the party's over

Okay, nothing really to say tonight. I wasn’t much use at work today, although I did get stuff done. I’m quite tired. I’m not as down as I suspected I would be… I had a bit of a twinge when I got up this morning and saw my party shirt in the washing basket, but I’m still singing the songs in my head. Phil H, the Production Manager, confirmed tonight that the show had been recorded so we’ll get an archive recording in a few weeks and we can play the show over and over again… That kind of takes the edge off not doing the show again.

There has been a lot of audience feedback coming through various channels onto the Chorus' message board. It's all been incredibly positive and sometimes quite moving. Here are a few examples:

“…but I was still just expecting a bit of a good 'ole sing song. Did I know what to expect, well no, not really ... What I saw in Sunday afternoon's performance was a par excellence.”

“…within minutes of the performance starting I was bowled over by the power, professionalism and personality of the chorus.”

“this performance affected me very, very deeply. But judging by the number of tears being wiped away by the rest of the audience and by the thundering standing ovations received after both the finale and the encore, I don't think I was the only one deeply affected.”

It feels good.

No comments: