Friday, July 15, 2005

Jazz at The Tower

It’s been another week full of problems at work; no project work has been done by anyone in IT. Our Bogotá office has been the most intransigent problem; it won’t talk to the rest of the network. Even as I write, Microsoft are scratching their heads about that one. Email from our Adelaide office was disappearing into the ether. Our Leeds office are waiting half a minute for their computer to send a page to print. Then yesterday our DNS evaporated and none of the users could find the servers. Talk about a busy day! Luckily we got that last one sorted out relatively quickly…

And it’s the weekend now! Yey!

Yesterday evening I went along with John M and a couple of friends to see Alison Moyet perform in a jazz evening at The Tower. I wasn’t sure quite what to expect but the evening was lovely. The weather was warm and dry, there was Pimms and Lemonade aplenty and the music was both beautiful and soulful. I almost didn’t make it (Thursday being the day of our DNS troubles at work) but in the end I got to Wagamama’s in time to eat with the guys and once I’d come down off the adrenaline from work, we had a leisurely half-hour drinking and enjoying the evening sunshine before the show started.

Brett had been out at a leaving-do in Guildford and was asleep on the bed, still half-dressed and with his iPod playing when I got home. I gather it was a good evening for him too.

No comments: