Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Show minus three days

It’s the same old tune for tonight’s entry, I’m afraid. I’m tired. We rehearsed last night and it went well. Work is still proving to be one problem after another. Ever since we applied the latest M$ Service Pack to our servers about six weeks ago, we’ve had nothing but trouble from our network and it is hugely frustrating for me; constantly under pressure to fix whatever happens to be wrong today. I was up until 3am this morning clearing up after a simple, straightforward reboot broke no less than three of our systems.

Only other incidents of note (oh, the excitement!) were having lunch with Owen (grumping about work) and getting my bike serviced. (It came away with a pretty much completely new drive system. Chain, front and back cogs, plus assorted other maintenance gave it a lovely smooth, well-oiled feel on the ride home… which was only spoiled by a strong, blustery headwind making every mile a struggle.)

I guess this is the price I pay for tripping the light fantastic this weekend...

No comments: