Sunday, July 31, 2005

Insomnia

You are reading the blog of a man who cannot sleep tonight.

Bah! I guess I can’t sleep because I haven’t really done anything today to tire me out. I spent the morning trying to get the car taxed, which meant getting it MOT’d which meant getting a couple of tyres replaced, before discovering that, because my tax disc needs to be back-dated, I have to go to the DVLA office on Monday to do it. Curses!

Brett and I had lunch at Est Est Est in the village which, somehow, I’d gotten into my head was a good restaurant. Actually it turned out to be only average. Afterwards, Brett headed off to Putney to pick up his comics while I headed home… only to realise I’d left my keys behind and then discover Brett didn’t have his phone with him. So I spent the afternoon in Coffee Republic, drinking Mocha Frappachino, blogging and reading Charlie Foxtrot’s archives (and resisting the urge to write ‘You cannot be serious…!’ on several of them and ‘You are SO right!’ on several more.)

This evening we did precisely nothing that could be considered constructive: We ate take-away food, read and watched TV, then watched a DVD, then more TV. I hit the ‘Random Blog’ button on my browser a couple of hundred times, but didn’t come up with anything that held my interest for very long.

We ended the evening watching the Hollywood Home Game of last year’s World Poker Tour. The only two faces I recognised were Levar Burton and Wil Wheaton. I know that Wil is an avid poker player, but he definitely didn’t get the cards on the night and came in third. It reminded me that we are hosting a game in a couple of weeks… I wonder if I could get interest for a fortnightly game, rather than a monthly game…

Oh and, if you get the chance (you'll need a broadband connection), check this out. I love adverts that don’t take themselves too seriously.

No comments: