Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Fox's Leanings

On a final Current Affairs note, Brett’s brother-in-law Chris sent me this link today which I quite enjoyed. It sounds like it’s from a fairly left-wing publication, but I suspect it’s characterisation of the Fox network’s politics is about right – over the last few days I’ve come across several grumblings about distasteful comments made by presenters on their news programmes about last Thursday’s bombings.

It amazes me that the concepts of the War On Terror and the Invasion of Iraq can still be linked in anyone’s mind – I thought that that tenuous connection had been thoroughly debunked months ago when the Intelligence agencies finally admitted that Saddam didn’t actually have any weapons of mass destruction (and consequently couldn’t have deployed them against us in “less than 45 minutes!”)

Remind me; why did we invade Iraq again?

No comments: