Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hyperactive Social Life

Too busy!

Spent last night organising a trip to the parents’ place, planned for this weekend. It was intended to be a chance to catch up with all the old school crowd but it’s now turning into the first of two PC Support visits as well, as the folks want a new computer and broadband. Tonight as well as keeping tabs on work, I’m trying to organise the week before my birthday. I think there must be cheap flights from the States on offer in March. Kevin & Chris (the brothers-in-law) are going to be here for the week and today I got an email from Curtis saying he was going to be in town from Chicago, Thursday through Saturday, so it looks like we’re dining out every night up to my birthday. Wehay!

Bizarrely, Curtis also happened to see our photo when he was leafing through a copy of the Pink Paper his friend had brought back from a recent London trip! It’s a small world sometimes!

The last few days have been busy at work as Monday evening, a repairman managed to totally trash our server in Santiago resulting in us having to restore everything on it from backups. A bit of a bind, as the machine in question serves as mail server for all of our South American offices too. Still, this evening things seem to be running smoothly again on that front.

Last night Chris C (the old school-friend, not the brother-in-law) was complaining that my blog had been a bit bland of late. He’s right… I still keep seeing news articles and posts on other blogs that I want to write about, but I just don’t have the time to do them justice. Think I need to scale-back the social life a little; I seem to have too much to do in too little time. Grrr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not worry! All ahead - all will turn out. You have a good site. Just look at perspective ;)