Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Qui tolis peccata mundi?

Disillusioned with the world today. The news is full of the Coronation of King President Obama. It pushes to second spot the UN statement about the billions of dollars needed to rebuild Gaza. What do you think the chances are that Israel will be made to pay any of it? The collapse of the talks in Zimbabwe is even further down the list. And our major banks are on the verge of insolvency!

Chorus last night was all re-learning old repertoire. Most of the old-guard cleared off at tea break. Brett and I considered it but hung around. I spent a lot of the (many) boring bits mentally revisiting a couple of incidents from one of my more tortured teenage years. Bad idea!

Think it’s time to throw myself into my work to take my mind off the whole sorry mess.

No comments: