Monday, October 10, 2005

It never rains...

Well, after a quiet weekend the new week hit me full in the face. Henri, one of our Helpdesk staff was on leave today and at 8am Gaetan, the other Helpdesker, called me to say he had food poisoning and wouldn’t be in. When I got into the office, Rav & Barry were already mired in recovering from disk corruption on one of our servers, compounded by the fact that the data they needed had been laid down as we were changing backup systems and so wasn’t all on one format.

Basically today at work was one big, long stress. Fortunately the Helpdesk was quiet as it was really just me answering the phone.

The Chorus rehearsal this evening was compartively relaxing. The music wasn’t too hard to get my head around and we sounded pretty good by the end of the night. We’re into the Christmas repertoire now, so it’s folk carols and sacred music at the moment, plus one of the ‘carnival’ pieces we are doing so we can theme the show as a Caribbean Christmas…

For a while today, I thought I was going to be out every evening this week, but as it turns out I’d mis-read an email and there wasn’t actually an extra rehearsal on Wednesday, so I get one night’s relaxation. I still have a Membership committee meeting tomorrow night though, piano tuition on Thursday and then driving up to Keswick for the weekend on Friday. I’m not sure I’m going to be up for any walking – I’m going to want to sit on a sofa all weekend!

No comments: