Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sviatopolk, Prince of Kiev

This week is dragging somewhat. Yesterday I was mired in a pit of apathy; couldn’t give a French Connection all day long and got nothing serious done at work. (Although I did go out for a nice walk along the river at lunchtime and took a couple of reasonable photos on my phone.)

Last night I was at a market-research Focus Group discussing technology and mobile phones. There was quite an involved pre-task which we had to do, which you may be interested in. (See here.)

Today I had a bit more enthusiasm (and a bit more stimulation in the form of a couple of interesting meetings) and so managed to earn my pay a little more honestly than yesterday.

This evening Brett & I took Clare and Rosie out to dinner as a kind of farewell to Clare who moves out at the weekend. Tried out a new Italian on the edge of the village and it was nice enough.

Other than that, not much happening; the blogs I read are either quiet right now or pondering George Bush’s latest nomination to the US Supreme Court, which I find it hard to get excited about. I did find an interesting post on philosophy/religion on one of the ones I’ve started reading recently, although I haven’t had time to write my own contribution to it yet (and I suspect it will be lengthy when I do get time!) See here if you want to check it out yourself. I have a piano session tomorrow night and then a poker game on Friday. Actually, two poker games on Friday as a couple of guys at work wanted to learn how to play, so we are having a friendly game at lunchtime.

I’m also pondering whether I could organise a poker tournament to raise money for the Chorus. (On Monday night they handed round some fundraising targets for the members and it struck me this evening that that could be a fun way of doing it without too much effort.) Maybe I’m just going poker mad and need to go out and get myself a life. Hey ho!

P.S. Sviatopolk?? Go do the research yourself – it’s good to expand your mind in new directions!

No comments: