Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tempus Fugit

Is it Tuesday already? Sunday was a strange day. I did pretty much nothing but was totally exhausted by the end of it. We went up into the village to have brunch mid-morning and then I got dragged out to Sainsburys with the parents to help Rosie shop for her birthday party.

After that I got some time to myself relaxing at home. Rather than doing any chores I spent an hour or so finally preparing my views on God and the Universe to add to a thread on one of the blogs I read occasionally. I’ll put it up as a separate post here shortly as I’d be interested to see what the views of my few readers are in comparison to my own.

Later in the afternoon the parents arrived back from helping Rosie tidy her flat and Brett arrived back from picking up his new suit and his comics. We sat down and watched a couple the new episodes of the West Wing. (I have a sneaking suspicion that the Republican candidate wins in the end, but Brett won’t believe it…)

Rosie’s birthday party was not quite as big an affair as she had planned (quite a few people called off at the last moment pleading fatigue) but I think everyone still had a good time; it was a sit and chat kind of party (which was all I could handle actually!) Bruce and I caught up in a corner; we haven’t seen each other in a couple of months it turns out.

It being Sunday night, the party was over by midnight and I was in bed and almost instantly asleep.

Yesterday was Monday, so back to work. After last week’s misery it was a very bearable day and I got stuff done. This was followed by an evening rehearsing with the Chorus. Tonight was revising the choralography for one of the livelier numbers for our Christmas show. It was very energetic but also very enjoyable. For once, my exhaustion at the end of the day felt like it had a good cause and I slept like a log!

No comments: