Thursday, November 03, 2005

Wednesday, Thursday, uninspired

It was a drizzly night last night. We had provisionally agreed to go to the cinema with Ping, but by the time we were ready to go out, there was only an hour before the programme was due to start, so we skipped the cinema and just went out for dinner instead. The restaurant we picked in the village turned out not to be great, but we got fed and had a pleasant time catching up with Ping. Watched the new BBC/HBO collaboration series about Rome while scoffing some delicious ice cream at home afterwards.

Tonight I had my piano course. I’ve not been to the last two but all I seem to have missed is the introduction of the sub-dominant chord and quavers. Quavers I already know about and the chord is just a case of practising a new fingering.

Brett rang midd-evening to say that his key had broken in the lock when he got home, so he called a locksmith out and visited with our downstairs neighbours for a while. The (rather cute!) locksmith was still there when I got home. It turns out our mortice lock was so old it didn’t meet current British Standards and hence would almost certainly have voided our home insurance if someone broke in through the front door. (I feel a sharply worded letter going to the letting agents in the morning…)

Anyway, we now have a shiny, BS-compliant, new lock on our door.

No comments: