Saturday, November 05, 2005

Pre-Party Pondering

I started Friday a bit later than usual because of a doctor’s appointment. Last week, when I’d been in to see her about my malaise, my blood pressure was a little high and she wanted a second reading. She also wanted Brett’s opinion on how long a particular mole had been on the side of my stomach.

In the event, my blood pressure was fine and neither of us could remember whether the mole was a recent event or not, so I came away with a non-urgent referral to a dermatologist to have it checked out.

After that, the day was fairly mundane.

Today started off by feeling a little fraught, there was a lot of stuff still un-done for tonight’s Guy Fawkes party. In the end though it’s all worked out well; Brett and I rearranged some of the furniture in the lounge to get another piece of the suite in. (The new arrangement lets me exhibit my sculptures to better effect, too!) I got the extra shopping done; it’s a bit light on any healthy greens, but at least there should be enough to feed everyone through the night. I found time to drive up to the Common to pick out a spot for the fireworks tonight. We got the flat tidied, we got ourselves showered and changed and there’s still time for us to sit down and relax before the appointed hour. Excellent!

Now I can only hope that forcing everyone to trudge out into the night, an hour or so into the party, to watch me set off fireworks, doesn’t dampen the conviviality too much… hopefully the promise of thermos flasks full of mulled wine will keep it going!

No comments: