Friday, December 19, 2008

For Christmas Sake (Part One)

I have the post-show blues already and we’ve only done number one of three. It’s probably just fatigue, which I had expected, but it’s still pretty miserable. Not sure what state I’ll be in tomorrow.

The day started at work as usual. It was quiet as people mostly seemed to have had a good night at the company’s Christmas party the night before. [Brett and I had gone along after Selfridges feeling pretty worn-out and found that Marc D & Roddy were organising it for us. Enjoyed it for the time we were there.]

Around 11am I went off to get my hair trimmed and finally got most of the black dye out from Halloween, met up with Mikey for a lunch and managed to clear up an issue that had been on my mind for a while and also agree a rough outline of a training plan for the bike ride next year. Shortly thereafter, the call time rolled around and we met up with all the guys at Cadogan Hall. The Tech Rehearsal then followed its traditional pattern of running late from the start.

The show itself was a mixed bag; I enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second half. The first half has all the good singing music in it, while the second half is more fluffy Christmas stuff. Our rendition of Silent Night was decidedly uninspiring after a very promising run during the Tech. In the first half though we did a great Over the Skies of Yisrael and Ceremony of Carols. In fact I don’t think there was a first-half number that we did badly.

Anyway, after a brief foray into the bar after the show, we quickly determined that Ian B hadn’t stuck around (he’d sent me a text message congratulating on a great show, but pleading a long drive to relatives somewhere tomorrow morning.) So, after finishing the one drink we headed home to a well deserved bed.

Tomorrow we are expecting John G, John Mc and my parents and sister at various points. Hopefully having had a lie-in in the morning will leave me in better spirits after the (two!) shows. Either way, there is likely to be a late-night aftershow party with all the boys to fend off the blues I know I will be feeling.

No comments: