Tuesday, May 24, 2005

At the airport

It's been a long day and there's still more of it to go. Gatwick was busy this morning - full of people, that I think John W would describe as English Chavsters, off to the various popular package holiday hotspots around the Med. ...But before they flew off to their sun, sex and sangria the majority of them seemed to want to stand in front of me in queues. I picked THE slowest check-in desk & then waited 20 minutes in an eight-person line for coffee!
The Edinburgh flight lounge was refreshingly chav free though and, thanks to Easyjet's first-checked-in, first-boarded policy, I managed to get an over-wing exit seat and so had lots of legroom. The flight and taxi to the office were both very smooth.
When I got there, though, the marathon of confusion began: The symptoms kept changing but not the effect.
Bulldog's technical support were a complete and utter waste of time. Even after I had gone and bought a new router and found exactly the same problem with it, they still insisted that the fault wasn't with the line and wouldn't consider any alternative that wasn't our kit being the problem. After arguing in circles for half-an-hour with this arrogant and unhelpful arsehole I completely lost my cool, told him what I thought of him and where he could stick it, hung up and then prowled the office looking for something to hit, smash or crush.
I did finally calm down and persevered and, sometime around 3pm, the problems (on both lines!) mysteriously/miraculously went away and everything started working again...
A problem with our equipment? I don't think so you useless fucking idiot at Bulldog fucking Communications!! Check the local exchange, arsehole!!
So anyway, after 36 hours of frustration, Edinburgh are finally online again and I can go home and sleep.
Assuming EasyJet keep up their half of the bargain that is...
Watch this space!

No comments: