Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Turnips

Not quite such a successful day at work today. People now know I’m back, so I got more interruptions. Had lunch with Rosie though and got to see her new office. Reading between the lines I think she is still feeling a bit unsettled and, although she is enjoying the challenge of her new job, it is still quite a change from her academic role and a big upheaval in her life. Unfortunately she has to go back up to Yorkshire this weekend to tie-up some loose ends; otherwise I would have invited her over for dinner or something.

This evening I attended the Chorus’ Membership Committee meeting and rather enjoyed it. Compared to having to chair the meeting, being the ex-Chairman is a rather leisurely role. I like being the elder statesman and the committee is almost entirely new and enthusiastic.

On the train home though, I started reviewing my interview performance yesterday and was still in two minds about whether I had performed well. I suspect I’m going to be agonising over it until I actually get the decision letter!

Brett is away in Sweden again this week, so the house is quite empty and quiet tonight. At least he is back at the weekend. Suddenly a week in Paris doesn’t seem long enough; for all that we did together, we didn’t really got much quality time out of it and suddenly I’m wishing that we had.

On a slightly lighter note though, I received a link to a fun little political flash cartoon which you can enjoy here.

No comments: