Sunday, May 22, 2005

Blogverts

I added a new Random Blog button (the clue is in the name) to my browser’s Links bar this morning and spent a while browsing blogs to see what caught my eye. Only a couple seemed worth watching to see how they go (GreenFairy.Com and The Peter Files) but in amongst all the snapshots of people’s lives and thoughts, there was a high proportion of advertising: Blogs set up by some business interest or other and posted to on a regular basis with generic advertising for their product.

Nothing more than spam in the blogosphere. Another potentially great medium brought low, like the Internet before it, by people looking to make the cheapest buck at the expense of everyone else’s time and bandwidth. Bah.

1 comment:

The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

Thank you for mentioning my Blog in yours. It was really quite nice of you!

Feel free to look at my page source code to see if there is anything you like that I am doing, since it looks like you have a new blog here.

Mine only goes back to Feb. myself.

Good luck!

Peter

See the new Joke photos added today!