Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Back To Work

So it’s back to work today. Doesn’t really feel like I’ve been off that much. I was working yesterday, although most of it could be done from home and I only had to spend about three hours in the office, so I suppose I didn’t really get the full weekend off.

In amongst all the server patching, I made a start on tidying up the flat. With my parents coming to stay next weekend, I somehow feel the child’s obligation to tidy my room… Well, it does need doing and having guests is a perfect excuse. Let’s just hope that my tidying urge doesn’t wear off after I’ve spent a day at work!

In my emotional morass on Sunday evening, I totally failed to mention the great lunch we had had with Emma and her partner, Chris, in Folkestone that day. It was all a bit of a rush to get to, as we’d ended up staying overnight with Rod & Jess, so after a late breakfast we had to get back to Wimbledon to pick up the car to drive back past Forest Hill and down to the coast. Paul’s Restaurant in Folkestone is a great place to go for Sunday lunch. They have a fine carvery and always have glorious desserts.

The rest of the planned afternoon wandering around my old home town was rather spoiled by the rain though – typical of the English summer!

This morning, while lying in bed until I have to get up and go to work, I came across a good article on the BBC News site which linked to a blog entry by a guy comparing Tony Blair’s contradictory views on the Compensation Culture in Britain and the need for a National Identity Card. The blog entry is here and is worth reading!

No comments: