Thursday, August 04, 2005

Check Your Sources

It was a mundane day at work today, mostly spent preparing for a sample group to evaluate a new piece of software we are looking to roll-out to the company. Nothing especially exciting to report

This evening, I did come across an interesting post on a blog I read occasionally. It talks about how the media shapes our views and how easy it is to get swept along without ever independently checking the facts of a situation. It is very true. Surfing blogs, you come across so many of them that are simply repeating someone else’s propaganda or slagging off their opponent’s opinions in the most childish ways possible. (Funnily enough, the guy who put up the post linked above first caught my eye with this post which I thought was so infantile that I’d keep an eye on his blog purely for entertainment value! Strange how these things work out, isn’t it?)

So that’s my thought for today; always check your sources and make sure you aren’t making an ass of yourself. The Internet is a wonderful resource for checking facts if you are prepared to put a bit of effort into it.

Right, tomorrow I’m off for a long weekend in Stockholm to visit my man. Grotty early flight, ‘cos I’m a cheapskate who doesn’t want to drive through London in the rush hour, so I’d better go get my bag sorted.

No comments: