Thursday, August 11, 2005

Surely not Seventy-Two Hours??

OK, now it’s getting old.

The tape drive that is causing the big hold-up was promised to arrive here today, but this morning we got an email from the supplier saying that his supplier hadn’t got it dispatched in time, so it wouldn’t be here until tomorrow. To say that I was annoyed would be an understatement. It’s a huge waste of everyone’s time and I am thoroughly fucked-off by it.

There’s stuff I should be doing both at work and at home that I can’t do while I’m stuck here. I’m out of fresh clothes to wear. To top it all off, there is escalating industrial action at Heathrow tonight, so I might have to get the train home tomorrow instead of flying.

Brett called earlier which cheered me up somewhat. He was out with some guys from work and they were talking about me so he gave me a call to see how I was. Even so, I didn’t fancy going out to see any shows tonight; I was too grumpy for that. Instead I ate pizza in my hotel room and watched TV (which was pretty dire – I’d forgotten how Tivo let’s you avoid the dross!) Hopefully a good night’s sleep will get rid of this funk and I’ll have a good day tomorrow, ready for poker tomorrow night.

No comments: