Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

As I sit here, looking out over the back porch illuminated in the winter sunshine, I am browsing the BBC News site and it looks like we are in the right place, weather-wise. England is under snow at the moment and it looks like its going to get worse. As today is a Bank Holiday, that means there will be lots of traffic this afternoon and evening as people return home ready for work tomorrow… just as the overnight temperatures (-2°C/28°F in London) freeze the snow-slush from today’s fall into hard ice ready to send motorists careening into ditches, embankments and each other.

Brett made a distraught comment about ‘missing the snow,’ but I’m afraid that unless we were in a well-stocked, remote country cottage with nothing better to do but enjoy the weather, I am not missing the snow at all!

There are some nice pictures of how I would like it to be here.

No comments: