Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Good weekend; I got plenty of sleep, got my equilibrium back and feel about ready to face the world again.

Hopefully on Monday I’ll be able to recover a personnel situation that I’m pretty sure I botched last week. That’s what made me angry-man; I was pissed at myself for not being better at dealing with people. That’s still a bit of a sore point at the back of my mind, but most of the rest of the guilt got rationalised away when I remembered that I am not omniscient after all. Such is life.

So how was the weekend? Well Saturday we decided, pretty much on a whim, to go play Quasar in Streatham. Neither of us had played in years and it seemed like a better bet than sitting at home watching bad TV. Unfortunately when we got to the Megabowl it was boarded up and had ceased trading. So much for that idea! So we reverted to the stereotype and went shopping instead.

Well, actually, we didn’t shop so much as wandered round Bluewater for a few hours and then came home again. It’s kind of an economy drive; the only things (other than a £10 cable for Brett’s computer) that we wanted were fairly big purchases which we resolved to research online a little more before splashing £400 on hi-fi.

We caught the 8:30 showing of The Devil Wears Prada which was most entertaining. I am a bit of a fan of Meryl Streep anyway and so long as you can get past the predictable moral of the story (which isn’t hard) it’s a gloriously witty, bitchy, caricature of what you imagine the couture industry must be like. I’ll be buying the DVD.

Today we basically walked around the Common. That was about it apart from chores, surfing and TV.

No comments: