Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year, New Look

So I am into my fourth year of blogging. Okay, so that's calendar years; in reality I’ve only been at it for a little over three years, but it looks good on the Blog Archive to have four years showing. I never thought I’d last this long. In the past when I’ve kept diaries, they tend to fade out after a few weeks or, at most, months. I think there’s something about having an audience, no matter how small, which keeps me at it.

As you’ve probably already noticed, I chose the New Year to upgrade to the new version of blogger (hence the refreshed template and clever expanding/collapsing widget for the list of previous posts.) I did consider an entirely different look and feel for it, but decided in the end to stick with the parchment background rather than going for some sleek and striking ultramodern template. I think the parchment is in keeping with the feel of a written diary.

Probably nothing much more will be changing here, maybe more talk of photography and probably a bit more commentary on current affairs to add to the mundane journalism of my life. Thank you for reading me this year, I hope you still find it interesting enough to keep reading through the year to come.

No comments: