Saturday, January 13, 2007

Pictures and Song

So last Sunday I had arranged with Ping to use his flat as a studio to do some photography for John Mc. The weather turned out to be very grey and overcast so the light was really very poor – which showed up my lack of experience with the camera – but we still got some nice pictures. (John #1-4 here for some of them.)

Whilst discussing some of the pictures after the shoot, I apparently surprised Ping by displaying an ‘aesthetic sense’ that he hadn’t suspected I had. Well, what can I say? It’s nice to be able to surprise people every once in a while…

At Monday’s Chorus rehearsal, we were starting the repertoire for the new season. The concert is to be called Bad Boys (it even apparently has a blog!) and we’ll be touring in Scotland as well as the usual performances in London. The first tranche of music includes Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are The Champions by Queen both of which I’d quite been looking forward to but, when we actually came to sit down and start learning it, my Chorus-fatigue came to the fore again. I am not going to sing in this concert; time to take a break I think.

No comments: