Sunday, December 05, 2004

Christmas has come. Early.

Sunday mornings should be lazy and this one almost qualified. Had a coffee and a brief wander around the National Gallery with TrickyD (a friend from Out) but even though we hadn't seen each other in a year there wasn't much news. Brett and Rowan went shopping while I was out and picked up the first of the Christmas goodies. A bit too heavy on the chocolate - shouldn't have let my sister go without me!

This evening after much cajoling Rosie started putting up the Christmas decorations. Brett said that back home they decorate the week after Thanksgiving but didn't seem too bothered. I would rather have left it for another week because you get Christmas rammed down your throat everywhere else you go. I think it detracts from the specialness of it all if you have the place decorated for a whole two months. Anyway, I eventually bowed to the inevitable since Brett and I wanted to do the decorating together and it was clear that, if we didn't join in, it was going to happen without either of us.

Bah! Humbug!

No comments: