Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Countdown

It's been a busy week so far and, as they say, "it ain't over yet!" Straight from work up to rehearsal on Monday where we stuttered through a rehearsal of the numbers with the band. Charlie (our Musical Director) gave us his 'come on guys, get with it' speech but he didn't really need to. We all realised I think that we were still in need of polishing. I expect there will be a lot rehearsal CDs playing this week. We have a full run through on Friday. If we are still stuttering then, that's when I'll begin to panic!

Tuesday was similar but with a different Chorus panic. It was the night of the monthly Membership Committee meeting. I sit on the committee in various capacities and am currently drafting them a set of Election Procedures as well as redrafting a very weak Code of Conduct into a more useful document. For reasons of election timing we need to get the Election Procedures ratified before the end of the month. I thought this was all under control until tonight when the Committee decided at the last minute they want to put in several major modifications. I think I've managed to get everyone to agree to leave these as amendments to the policy after the first set of elections though, so I can leave them until Christmas and concentrate on learning my stuff for Saturday.

Another issue at the meeting was an 'almost' Code of Conduct issue against Ping in relation to the work he's developed that the Chorus is performing next year. In the end the hot air and hyperbole that had preceded the meeting had evaporated when we actually came to discuss the issue so it turned into a non-event which was a relief all-round I think.

Today (Wednesday) Brett is doing a rehearsal with one of the Small Groups and I am at home blogging, laundering and writing Christmas cards. (If you don't end up receiving one from us please don't take it personally. We are both miserable at planning ahead for stuff like this.)

No comments: