Sunday, December 12, 2004

Old friends & Christmas Shopping

Brett cooked pancakes for breakfast and I love him for it. For lunch, though, we were meeting up with a couple of old friends. Richard H, Jim G and John M with whom we did a fair amount of cycling last year. We ate at a Japanese restaurant called Satsuma in Soho before heading on to a nearby patisserie for dessert and coffee. Rich has recently bought a house with his boyfriend Neil (with whom he was just getting together as Brett and I coupled-up!) Jim is still working hard arranging conferences and racking up airmiles like he's stockpiling. John is likewise travelling lots and I was feeling rather wistful at being the one stuck in the desk job when I used to fly the world.

After lunch (well about 4pm actually) we parted from the guys to do a little Christmas shopping. Brett has some photographs he wants to frame for his parents as Christmas presents and they'll need to go in the post soon. In the end we visited Habitat, Heals and then every major department store on Oxford Street before finally settling on decent frames. I swear I'm doing the rest of my Christmas shopping on the Internet!

No comments: