Friday, December 10, 2004

The Company Christmas Party

Spent today at a conference centre near Marble Arch for our ‘Company Conference’ – a day when staff get to comment on the next Five-Year Strategy draft. It was actually quite a productive day both for the company and for me: as the strategy was being presented I think my subconscious was at work and all through the day ideas kept popping into my head for things that we need to look at from an IT perspective.

Once the Conference was over, we headed on to our Company Christmas party, held this year in Bermondsey near London Bridge. I’d bought a ticket for Brett and we were both dressed up in our finest (perhaps I should say squeezed into our finest as I’ve put on a lot of weight since I was measured for that kilt!) It was a fairly standard dinner/dance affair but we didn’t stay long. I’m not really close to any of my work colleagues socially and we didn’t want to get drunk as we have an all-day rehearsal tomorrow. Ho hum. Merry Christmas.

No comments: