Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Sing-along shopping

Cycled to work this morning which felt good – albeit cold. Temperature was about 3 Celsius (37 Fahrenheit) so quite bracing. I was hardly in work for any time at all before it was time to get changed and make my way to Selfridges for my first stint at singing there.

The Chorus is doing twenty concerts this week, each about 25 minutes long, in the big atrium of the Selfridges building on Oxford Street. Each day there are two concerts at 1pm and 2pm and then a further two at 6pm and 7pm. Today was my first day doing them and I only did the two at lunchtime. It was good fun and we drew an audience. I’m scheduled to sing again tomorrow lunchtime and at all four shows on Thursday.

When I got back to the office things were so quiet I decided to use up three days of my remaining holiday allowance and take the rest of the week off. That means I have the next seven days off; the remaining three days of this week, the weekend and the two Bank Holidays in lieu of Christmas and Boxing day on Monday and Tuesday. Suddenly it feels like Christmas is here.

No comments: