Thursday, December 23, 2004

More Christmas Shopping

Another day, another show! Well, four shows actually. All went fairly smoothly at Selfridges today. Olly has finished his stint conducting and Charlie has taken over. The songs remained the same though as Charlie (quite correctly I think) believes we’re being paid to provide a good safe, well presented set of songs that we can reel off again and again.

Brett and I had lunch at Carluccio’s with Ping and John W. in between the afternoon and evening shows. Usual Chorus chat though. The realisation that I am going to be the acting Chair of the Membership Committee until the March AGM was not welcome though. I have seen the grief that Brett has been through these last six months chairing one of the other committees and I am not keen on taking my turn.

After the evening show Brett and I went separate ways as we both had shopping to do. Neither of us can think of what to buy the other. I did however find a list that Brett had given me some time ago of things he might like so I bought him a shoulder sack and a new wallet. Probably spent more than I should have but they were both from Selfridges so will be very good quality and hopefully last him a while.

No comments: