Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Chorus Worries

Not much special happening so far this week. Work is ticking along without any really major dramas (Long may that continue!) and socially there’s not a lot to report.

Monday evening’s Chorus rehearsal was a bit of a drag, but very necessary; we were reviewing problem points in several songs and along the way I spotted several cases of me singing the wrong thing. Consequently I had the rehearsal MP3s playing in my ears all the way to work this morning. We are supposed to have learnt all the music by next Monday when we go ‘hands-free’ and have to do without the scores.

The most disturbing thing last night was the ticket sales information. We still have over 1800 seats to sell. Admittedly the publicity is only just going out now, but I still have this nightmare that the Chorus will put on the best show it’s ever done and no-one will be there to see it. I handed out flyers to my department and selected others today and tried to wax lyrical about how good the show was…

Had lunch with Rosie (I was feeling particularly in need of a roast dinner today!) and she offered to put up a poster in her office... if only I'd had one with me!

No comments: