Sunday, June 12, 2005

Mr Unproductive

It’s been a quiet weekend. Saturday I spent almost entirely indoors wandering from task to task and never really completing anything. I had an inkling to ring around our friends in South London to see if any of them fancied coming over for a game of Texas Hold’Em (poker), but my unfocussed efforts didn’t get around to clearing the lounge to a point where I would invite guests into it, so that didn’t happen. Instead I determined to organise a proper poker night in a fortnight – now all I have to do is find people who are interested in playing for a few quid…

Sunday was even less productive. Somehow I slept in until 11am and so the planned brunch with my sister became a late lunch. At least I managed to take a car load of her remaining stuff over with me, so the spare room is almost spare again!

We had a lovely lunch in a restaurant just round the corner from her flat. I thought the restaurant was called ‘Putney Bridge’ but when I searched for that name, I got directed to the smart Thai place on the riverside, so maybe it was called something else.

Helped my sister rearrange her lounge after lunch. Then home to try to finish all the jobs I started yesterday…

No comments: