Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Summertime Blues

Maybe it’s the constantly unfulfilled promise of summer, but there was a certain tension in the air today. Actually, it was more likely the unfulfilled promise of technology to make our lives easier.

Today at work, everyone seemed to be frustrated by what they were working on. It didn’t help that the day started with another problem in our poor, bedevilled Leeds office, which saw their logons being authenticated in Australia

a t a

p o n d e r o u s l y s l o w

p a c e

thanks to an elementary error made by my boss yesterday afternoon. He has my sympathy though; at the end of the day most servers look the same – particularly when you are flicking between three or four of them on your screen at once.

Still, the day didn’t get any better and I was glad to come home at the end of it. As a result, though, I haven’t read much news or comment lately, so you’re stuck with the minutiae of my life for another entry.

My new poker table and chips failed to turn up today. I know they were dispatched pretty late on Monday, so I’ll give ParcelForce an extra day before moaning. A few people made interested noises at rehearsal last night, but I don’t want it to be an all-chorus affair, so I’ll maybe try and find someone from work, or Out to give it a little bit of diversity.

Brett was suffering pretty miserably from a cold when I called him during rehearsal last night so I called him again tonight, to offer some moral support and virtual hugs, and he sounded better. He’s pretty sick of the apartment and watching TV shows and DVDs back-to-back though. Roll on July and then September!

No comments: