Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Ghosts of Holidays Past and To Come

We’re off to Turin tomorrow, so some of today has been spent reading-up on all the tour documentation. I was amazed when I actually sat down and opened my tour pack that one of the leaflets I’d classed as from a Tourist Information Office and ignored when I initially skimmed the pack, turned out to be a rather professional and comprehensive pocket-sized booklet produced by the Chorus itself. I was very impressed – it goes to show that we can actually work like a professional body when we set our minds to it.

The writing bears the unmistakable tone of John H and some of his comments had me laughing out loud; not least his comments on the catering of the various airlines booked to fly us to Italy (some of which are probably actionable, so I won’t publish them here!)

I also spent a while this evening editing down the video footage Brett took of his dad’s trip here in July. We have about two hours worth of raw footage but I’m trimming it down to probably no more than 45 minutes worth of holiday-video. It’s quite a task though! And I still have to index all the photos I took… Ah, well, no rest for the wicked!

No comments: