Sunday, September 03, 2006

Going Nowhere

I guess it’s the weekend I wanted. Did nothing yesterday. Did only the essentials today.

Brett’s family were having a reunion at his elder brother’s place and Brett was joining them by iChat so we spent a while on Friday night mucking about with firewalls and network ports. For something that’s supposed to ‘just work’ iChat certainly didn’t. In the process, I started checking out other instant messaging clients with my own webcam and got decent results chatting to John G in Leeds and John M in London on Windows Live Messenger. Apparently the Mac version of Live Messenger won’t handle video but the PC version does, so John G got a tour of our lounge from the comfort of his own.

I also got a message from Curtis in Chicago; he’s contemplating moving to Australia. He’s got the visas and work permits all lined up and he’s heading off to Melbourne and then Sydney to spend the time between now and early next year. Then, if he still likes it, he’ll stay on.

Tomorrow Chorus starts up again. We have precisely one week to polish up last season’s concert ready for Turin next Tuesday. I think it’s going to be tough to squeeze everything in to the rehearsal time we have!

Now that I’m back at work, I’m feeling restless again. Rod called this afternoon to ask me to be reference on a job application he’s making. Seems he’s tired of working in Westminster. I need a change too.

No comments: