Friday, April 14, 2006

A Good Friday

I’m glad it’s a long weekend. All is well in the world; I’ve got my man and time to ourselves and I want to enjoy that feeling as much as possible.

The last few days have been busy at work, some of the issues we’ve been having with our file archive really do tend to the farcical in how many times Murphy’s Law has snuck up to bite us on the ass. That said, today things did take a positive step forward, even though I spent a couple of hours in work to make it happen, so it isn’t all bad.

Last night Sid took most of the team bowling in Finsbury Park by way of celebrating his elevation to an Associate of the company. I ate way too much deep-fried food, drank shandy and proved once again that in some things (ten-pin bowling, for example) my hand-eye co-ordination still sucks big time. Even so, unlike many nights out with work, I had a really good time and didn’t wake up with a hangover!

Tomorrow night we’re off to see a musical that Brett has heard of called ‘Wolves in the Walls’. He tells me the clue is in the title, but I’ve no idea how you could make a young girl’s nightmares into a musical. I’ll let you know on Sunday, I suppose.

We’re having Rosie and Andy over for Sunday lunch; I get to practice my cooking again and eat my first decent hot meal in over a week (I’ve had something going on every night this week and so have been dining on sandwiches from ‘Eat’ at my desk each evening!) plus we get to see them both, which we’re not doing much of at the moment.

And that’s probably because we’re so busy rehearsing with the Chorus right now – and it doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better; I’ve just been putting the rehearsal schedule for the next six months in my diary and there are no less than seven distinct gigs we’re doing between now and September so there are a lot of extra rehearsals to get all the relevant new material learnt in time.

No rest for the wicked, so they say...

No comments: